Mark Gilles, the Principal of ARRC, Inc. has been certified for more than 30 years by the Ohio Architectural Board and meets all standards outlined by the U.S. Department of Interior. He became affiliated with Stan Hywet as a restoration consultant in 1997 and joined the staff in 2001, after three years as associate curator of Hale Farm & Village, a property of the Western Reserve Historical Society.
A 1976 graduate of Kent State University’s School of Architecture, Mark ran his own residential and preservation practice for 22 years and served as a preservation advisor to the Aurora (Ohio) Landmark Commission for 10 years. Since 2001, Mark has led every major restoration, preservation, rehabilitation and research-based re-creation project at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens. His work has involved all five of the Estate’s historic buildings, designed by noted architect Charles Schneider, and its ten historic gardens, originally created by renowned landscape designer Warren Manning.
Premium Preservation Consulting Services
- Site planning and reviews
- Historic structure certification (Local and National Historic Register)
- Advice and guidance on rehabilitation tax credits
- Design and management of energy audits
- Grant funding applications
- Ohio Building Code Negotiated Historic code compliance